Monday 21 September 2009

Be careful what you wish for

So, we went back to Ulduar last night. We went into the Antechamber and I died a lot. I never realised just how squishy I was until I started raiding.

I spent most of the fight with Aurayia dead, but still managed to get the worlds silliest shoulders. They look like a pair of steaming hams on my bony undead shoulders. They are Just Ridiculous, but a significant upgrade for Megeara. They're sufficiently absurd that one of the other warlocks kept wanting them for RP purposes (yes we have 3 warlocks in a 10-man raid. So what. You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too many warlocks).

Where we came unstuck was Freya. Not only did we not really know the strategy, but our DPS wasn't up to killing the waves of mobs before the next wave hit. And we didn't down the glowy trees fast enough, and the adds kept resurrecting and we kept wiping. It was all a bit depressing, so just to finish off, we went back and killed Ignis with no problems. It's always nice to end on a high note.

No comments: